Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sad news of a few more familiar people's deaths...

Today was a sad day for all who enjoyed watching Farrah Fawcett in any venue that she appeared in. Her portrayal of Jill Monroe a Charlie’s Angel will be for most her most memorable, but in actuality she had been a nominee of a few Golden Globes as well as Emmy Awards. She was sixty-two years young, and she died with her long time companion Ryan O’Neil by her bedside.

Right now we are waiting on news how Michael Jackson, the King of Pop is; he was rushed to the hospital having gone into cardiac arrest. TMZ is reporting he has died at the age of fifty at UCLA Medical Center.

For me it was an aggravating day. One of the bills I was trying to negotiate went south, and now they are saying if I pay the whole thing within thirty days I will be given a discount, it is a very large bill for us to pay all at once and after the billing clerk just Monday asked me to work out the payment plans and with either a 25% or 30% discount with a good faith fifty dollar check payment towards the bill and then she would decide which way to go. And so like the fool that I am, apparently believing her I did what she asked and even sent a partial payment as requested as well. I went ballistic and cancelled my doctor’s appointment with the neuro when she told me that it is not their policy to give a discount unless in the case of full payment within those thirty days. The horrible part is that I still need to know the results of all my tests and her evaluation of me with my past doctors info that had been sent to her. It was her office and she knew our financial situation and said in the hospital that she would work with me; I am an idiot I guess for believing that. After I blew off my steam I called the customer service department at the hospital to help me try to figure out what to do now. They suggested calling back and speaking with her, and so I did call back and request to speak with her, and consequently stayed out of the shower all day thinking I would miss her call. Well at six thirty, me the idiot again called her office and got her answering service, and the woman who took my message I made sure that it would not be misconstrued as an emergency medical call, I definitely wanted her to know that I had a difficult time with her office billing personnel, and the woman just said that she would leave my name and phone number stating that the doctor should call me at her convenience but it was very important for her to get back to me.

Please tell me this is not that unusual for most people to get crazy from trying to make ends meet when things start getting a bit overwhelming? I need to know I am only temporarily loony. To think that this would be a permanent behavioral mode would be way too much to consume, and I am stressed enough!
You see, I am the type of person that when a problem arises I try to immediately take care of it. In my mind letting it go on just makes it worse. And so in life I always have been known to face any good or bad situation head-on and try to find a solution. Why is it that sometimes honesty and logic does not always prevail?
It’s that darn idealism again, damn; it always gets me in trouble.

Tonight is actually the beginning of my second year of this Blog and what a last year this has been!

Being a bit exhausted and so I will now wish you all a good night and to all count those blessings and I will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My motorized wheelchair needs a new battery...

Speaking My Mind: My motorized wheelchair needs a new battery... :   ...Hubby found out Medicare will pay for it. Hubby thinks I need a new ...