Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Signs that all is not right with the world...!

 


I am not alone with these thoughts...!

When All Is Not Right With the World | HuffPost Impact

This morning's oddity was found by Hubby as he switched to the local CBS affiliate, which he found not to have sound on their two news channels. One is WINK the other channel comes in on channel # 46.

So I sent their engineering department a message telling and assuring them that all of our channels on ours work with sound and that it is only their news channels since their commercials still have sound! I have yet to hear back.

Moving on...

I do have a slight hearing problem.

I was tested with Hubby for hearing aids at two different places.

His is definite, and mine was not absolute and slight. Hearing, loss, that is.

This week I have fullness in both ears, and my right ear has had blood coming out of it. Not as scary as it sounds true. It was itchy, so I scratched it, which is why it became bloody. 

My head has been hurting too on the right side over that ear.

I had been considering calling my internist.

But I remembered the last time they sent me to the ENT due to them not having the right tool to look into the ear.

Due to the pain, I ended up at the ER. Where the doctor saw an infection and put me on an antibiotic.

Just got back from the doctor's office, and actually saw Nurse Jackie, Jackie is not the same as the TV one, drug-free.

My ear I did scratch inside but should be fine, did not go through to any major parts.

Moving on... below is a transfer board able to move any person up to over 400 lbs. I weigh considerably less, and it was only a little over $20 including tax. Why now some might ask... The problem is my shoulders that I have used and abused with transferring me. Let's put it this way...OUCH! I do have osteoarthritis in both with a slight tear in my right one's rotator cuff.

Well, today I tried it getting out of the van and then coming back into the van, we weren't lined up right it failed to cause me to end up on the floor of the van as if in slow motion falling! So I road home that way. Once home I slithered out. And now I am sore and concerned for my baclofen pump that I do believe I hit in the accident.



Nearly last...our morning sunrise!


I guess in closing all is copacetic with my world! Or at the very least, my normal.

 MY MUSES!

Lastly, moving on to who they are, our crew...

...3 months and 4 years old


Aussie, say good day!

I am Aussie, not being from Australia, but American-made. 
I will comply for its fun, so I will say good day!

I am called Aussie because my mom asked a sixteen-year-old girl who had been looking at me in the crate I was in at the adoption site that day what she thought I should be named. Mom asked her age, but not her name...ha! And without hesitation, the teenager had said Aussie! By the way, she was just looking, so my mom did not steal me from her.
We never did find out the girl's name, and mom liked the name Aussie too. Since then, we have discovered that it is a ubiquitous name, but it is still just right for me! My parents think that I am uncommon, even say unique! I do like that.
I am an Australian Shepherd, a red Merl. And here is an interesting factoid about me was supposed to be a miniature Australian Shepherd, but as you might know, I AM NOT! Although I am now four years old, I am the baby, though I am the largest of the fur babies, and due to my breed and being standard, I am a bit too big, ha! 
I was three months old when mommy and daddy adopted me. I had been taken out of a hoarder's home in the Carolinas with my litter. 
Above is my PIC, taken on the birthday I share with my dad, but dad is much older than me!!! I was the first to be adopted, on February 16, 2018, on dad's brother's birthday.
No tail/tale publishing, circa 2018.
Get it? I was born without a tail, preferable for all Australian Shepherds; only one out of five are born that way!

                                           
Hello, I am Bella, in the picture above, a Maltese Yorkie, a Morkie. I might be six years old.We are all rescues, so no one knows for sure our ages. I am the middle child, so I am what you would expect, with all those idiosyncrasies that go along with that! Being the only girl has its rewards, as well as its difficulties. 
I was turned in by my previous family, stating that I was misbehaving with their elderly dog, it had been said that I was driving him crazy! I was the second to be adopted on 8/18/18 on clear out the shelters day!
Oh, by the way, my record's called me Belle, and so for no known reason, mom decided I was more of a Bella; beautiful either way!



Hey, wait! Please don't forget me! I am Chance, pictured above, a Bichon Frise! I am seven years old, so they think, and the eldest, and I like getting up early with mom and Aussie. Bella sleeps late with Dad, till after seven most days, even later sometimes! 

I enjoy a good tug-a-war on the ropes that dad had twisted for Aussie and me, and sometimes even Bella plays too! I was the last to be adopted on January 23, 2020. 

I had been wandering the neighborhood for days, and then I saw Aussie and Bella in their living-room window, so I hung out there... 

The animal control lady had been called and came out to see if I had a chip I.D. with her machine, and dad told her that he wanted to name me Chance. His reason is that if no one claimed me, "I want to give him a second chance!" So that is how I got the name Chance!

The Animal Welfare League checked me out and kept me for sixteen days until I was allowed to be adopted. Good evening.  

Easy as Aussie, Bella, and Chance, now you got it! In order of adoption!

Speaking My Mind: Interesting familiar diagnosis for one and horrifi...

Speaking My Mind: Interesting familiar diagnosis for one and horrifi... :   But these are MINE! Not Hubby's! What he has is not contagio...