Sunday, August 21, 2022

I wasn't being cavalier about my stomach's future, since I will be having surgery...

 


And it is definitely true no cancer was found in any of the three biopsies the doctor took during endoscopy, but... I will be having this surgery described below...! 

Partial gastrectomy with Roux-en-Y reconstruction in the treatment of persistent or recurrent oesophagitis after Nissen fundoplication - PubMed (nih.gov)

I suppose I am a bit scared, for it is the longest of any surgeries I have had, and I have had many.

Gastrectomy with Roux-en-Y Reconstruction | Atlas of Minimally Invasive Surgical Operations | AccessSurgery | McGraw Hill Medical (mhmedical.com)

"INDICATIONS

Gastrectomy is most often performed for gastric cancer or peptic ulcer disease. The complexity of the operation needs to be matched with the surgeon's expertise. Wedge resection of a small gastric tumor (e.g., leiomyoma) falls on the simpler end of the complexity spectrum and can be performed by most well-trained minimally invasive general surgeons." 

(In my case, severe GERD. But it will be a four-hour surgery, my surgeon already told me! Mine is partial since my sleeve surgery was done in 2016 and there is not much left to my stomach.)

Below is the showing of the surgery in a graphic. Although, my stomach had already been cut into just a sliver back in 2016! The reconstruction or resectioning is what is shown below that.


An illustration depicts a subtotal gastrectomy. An area of antral cancer is labeled, as are D 1 and D 2 nodes. D 1 nodes are numbered 1 through 6, while D 2 nodes are numbered 7 though 11.


And it takes several weeks to recover from this surgery.

I was told those three biopsies were negative, but the unknown is still within the surgery, what the surgeon might find. In other words, who knows?

Moving on to nearly last...our morning sunrise!



 MY MUSES!

Lastly, moving on to who they are, our crew...

...3 months and 4 years old


Aussie, say good day!

I am Aussie, not being from Australia, but American-made. 
I will comply for its fun, so I will say good day!

I am called Aussie because my mom asked a sixteen-year-old girl who had been looking at me in the crate I was in at the adoption site that day what she thought I should be named. Mom asked her age, but not her name...ha! And without hesitation, the teenager had said Aussie! By the way, she was just looking, so my mom did not steal me from her.
We never did find out the girl's name, and mom liked the name Aussie too. Since then, we have discovered that it is a ubiquitous name, but it is still just right for me! My parents think that I am uncommon, even say unique! I do like that.
I am an Australian Shepherd, a red Merl. And here is an interesting factoid about me was supposed to be a miniature Australian Shepherd, but as you might know, I AM NOT! Although I am now four years old, I am the baby, though I am the largest of the fur babies, and due to my breed and being standard, I am a bit too big, HA! 
I was three months old when mommy and daddy adopted me. I had been taken out of a hoarder's home in the Carolinas with my litter. 
Above is my PIC, taken on the birthday I share with my dad, but dad is much older than me!!! I was the first to be adopted, on February 16, 2018, on dad's brother's birthday.
No tail/tale publishing, circa 2018.
Get it? I was born without a tail, preferable for all Australian Shepherds; only one out of five are born that way!

                                           
Hello, I am Bella, in the picture above, a Maltese Yorkie, a Morkie. I might be six years old.We are all rescues, so no one knows for sure our ages. I am the middle child, so I am what you would expect, with all those idiosyncrasies that go along with that! Being the only girl has its rewards, as well as its difficulties. 
I was turned in by my previous family, stating that I was misbehaving with their elderly dog, it had been said that I was driving him crazy! I was the second to be adopted on 8/18/18 on clear out the shelters day!
Oh, by the way, my record's called me Belle, and so for no known reason, mom decided I was more of a Bella; beautiful either way!



Hey, wait! Please don't forget me! I am Chance, pictured above, a Bichon Frise! I am seven years old, so they think, and the eldest, and I like getting up early with mom and Aussie. Bella sleeps late with Dad, till after seven most days, even later sometimes! 

I enjoy a good tug-a-war on the ropes that dad had twisted for Aussie and me, and sometimes even Bella plays too! I was the last to be adopted on January 23, 2020. 

I had been wandering the neighborhood for days, and then I saw Aussie and Bella in their living-room window, so I hung out there... 

The animal control lady had been called and came out to see if I had a chip I.D. with her machine, and dad told her that he wanted to name me Chance. His reason is that if no one claimed me, "I want to give him a second chance!" So that is how I got the name Chance!

The Animal Welfare League checked me out and kept me for sixteen days until I was allowed to be adopted. Good evening.  

Easy as Aussie, Bella, and Chance, now you got it! In order of adoption!

Speaking My Mind: Interesting familiar diagnosis for one and horrifi...

Speaking My Mind: Interesting familiar diagnosis for one and horrifi... :   But these are MINE! Not Hubby's! What he has is not contagio...