Monday, September 7, 2020

Follow-up, celebrating a holiday when we aren't working in this pseudo normalcy world by this pseudo normalcy gal!



Labor Day 2020 is a bit of irony, make that very sad in a year when too many have been laid off from their chosen work.

https://www.dol.gov/general/laborday/history

"A Peaceful Protest That Turned Violent

An eight-hour workday wasn’t always the golden standard: Two centuries ago, American workers often clocked double digits at physically demanding and often unsafe jobs—something workers protested on September 5, 1882, in the first Labor Day parade, in which approximately 10,000 people peacefully marched from New York’s City Hall, the New York Times archives show."
"In the years that followed, protests continued, says Shannon M. Risk, Ph.D., associate professor of history at Niagara University. “In early May 1886, after a series of peaceful protest meetings, the police attacked protesters in Chicago on May 3,” she says. “A protest meeting was scheduled for May 4, 1886, but a bomb sparked violence and the police rounded up ‘anarchist’ suspects.”

Thanks, to:https://news.yahoo.com/labor-day-learn-history-holiday-162100699.html


Moving on...

Chance is doing much better, he is eating his temporary special diet of boiled skinless boneless chicken breast and white rice very nicely! As depicted in his photo below. He is being fed in our bedroom so his brother Aussie and sister Bella will not be jealous! He is scheduled for the groomer this week and Bella next, but since he is still recuperating the vet said to hold off and so we are going to switch the two fur kids dates to make sure he is feeling better by next week.  
   




Moving on again...

Now I went redder, my hair that is this morning! 



                                         
                                         

Problem: Within twenty-five minutes my hair color did come out the exact color on the box, and NO that is NOT the problem the problem is the residue and residual left behind color!
In my scalp, far head, towel, toilet seat, and floor! The toilet seat and white tile floor fixed with Comet, towel with soaking in bleach, far head and scalp NOT, still seen even after trying to get rid of with Pond's cold cream. I wash my hair in the shower yes, even after coloring, and this time it looked as if mass murder was committed there! Although, fortunately, I was able to successfully wash the RED away after quite some time consistently running the water! Don't get me wrong I love the color RED, but I am returning the other second box of red that I had requested Hubby to purchase since there has got to be a better way to achieve this color without the expense of a professional???

After all, I was blond for years and years and mostly did that myself unless somehow I screwed that up terribly. Then I would get professional help, not a psychiatrist, but a hair colorist, of course! LOL!!!

I do not need one this time I feel. This time I really think it boils down to a less messy DIY product.

Meanwhile, all these years I have pretty much used L'Oreal for my hair coloring needs and so I will call them and let them know what happened, and perhaps they will have some suggestions?  I did try already to call but they are closed until Wednesday.


And now from this the venue of my additional opinions...



And now without any further ado moving on again to...

FOR PRESIDENT & VP NEXT!



VOTE FOR JOE & Kamala! VOTE FOR JOE & Kamala! VOTE FOR JOE & Kamala! VOTE FOR JOE & Kamala! VOTE FOR JOE & Kamala!
What a great team! THE WINNING TEAM!!!

Sanity runs in their families, decency and kindness, and smarts! Plenty of experience too! Did I mention EXPERIENCE! And level headed clear thinking!


And so we must go...



Be smart and be safe! 
Happy good night to all!



Count those blessings and we will too!
And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!
Take it, Bella! ( I am a Maltese Yorkie, a Morkie, and I might be four years old! We are all rescues so no one knows for sure.)I did this so I will be.


Aussie shut it down!




(I am an Australian Shepherd, an interesting factoid I was supposed to be a miniature but...as you might know I AM NOT! But I am now over two and a half years old, so I am the baby HA! I was three months old when Mommy and Daddy adopted me.)

No tail/tale publishing circa 2018.

Don't forget us too! 

Easy as Aussie, Bella, Chance, now you got it!
And me Chance, I am a Bichon Frise mix, first I thought Maltese but now I am considering poodle? I am pictured here with Mom and Dad at the Port Charlotte Animal Welfare League! I am five years old they think.

Speaking My Mind: City Furniture still no call back with a monetary ...

Speaking My Mind: City Furniture still no call back with a monetary ... :   Recap: all caused when their delivery man forced the too-large b...