Thursday, May 23, 2019

Had a neurologist appointment today

What Dr. Montoya verified with Hubby is that I do have secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, and since it is not active there is no medication for me or anyone with this form.
She recommended increasing my cannabis oil dosage from .25 to higher, Hubby suggested .50 which I did just take the first higher dosage at my 3 P.M. time. And after a week Dr. Montoya suggested that I could lower my Gabapentin and Baclofen dosages by one pill each, so Gabapentin down to 1500 mg. and Baclofen down to 60 mg. and see how that goes. Meanwhile, I am scheduled back to see her in only two months this time, usually three months.  
And due to my two head knockers, fall in December and smack in the head with the door now three days ago. I will be having a CT of my cervical spine and brain without contrast due to still protecting my kidneys. I just got a call from the place doing the CAT scan with an opening for tomorrow.

Yup, not totally out of the woods on them kidneys or my liver, enzymes still too high!
Thus why I cannot still be involved in any trials, since most do have the ability to harm the liver as a side effect, I sure hope not for those participants.
But since mine already shows a bit of an issue I am again out of luck!
Feel like its a special organization I am locked out of joining, boo hoo!

I told her again about the tremors and Nystagmus, she feels that the cannabis oil might be able to help the tremors not the Nystagmus though, nothing for that!

See not being a doctor I thought that an 85 eGFR was all good, too many other components to the blood work total to compile an entire diagnosis.

So apparently, whatever I am doing is not changing the status of my liver, or entirely my kidneys status.

Moving on...

Actually, yesterday Bella went to her veterinarian Dr. Paul since even though she had her flea and tick preventative pill on Saturday she was still biting at her various body parts that initially I had treated with cornstarch that is until Tuesday when I realized she was still biting so I called her vet's office and they got her in on Wednesday morning.
The doctor suggested it was a regional allergy and gave us the list of OTC medications and the dosages according to your pet's weight chart. And since I too suffer from allergies my ENT has me on Clariton for years daily, and as long as it does NOT have any decongestant, meaning Clariton D or the store brand it passes the doggy safety test. I called the pharmacy at Walgreen's where I get my Wal itrin that I use daily all these years, and verified mine was not D, and for her 12.4 lbs, one half was her appropriate dosage. We have a pill splitter for years and have used it more for our furry kids than ourselves, handy little item.

Although, she is still biting she does sleep, eat and go outside as always so we will see what we will see.

PS early I'm confused are you not supposed to tell your doctors what is going on, any new symptoms and so on... or tell them everything is rosy?
Because she said I should focus on what I still can do not what I cannot.
Sure, and when should I tell the NEUROLOGIST WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE I SAW HER THREE MONTHS AGO?
Oddly enough, I kept my cool.
If not your doctor, then who?
Anyway, she did understand and checked my vision and thought I might have had a concussion this last time, thus the CAT scans.
I have had two previously documented concussions, so three, now?
That should explain a lot to all of you.

Hahaha! But true.

More problems, another concussion????????? WHAT?????


On that note, this gloomy gal hopes you have a very happy good night! (Huh?)

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!



We will be.
Bella and Aussie.





Speaking My Mind: Interesting familiar diagnosis for one and horrifi...

Speaking My Mind: Interesting familiar diagnosis for one and horrifi... :   But these are MINE! Not Hubby's! What he has is not contagio...