Friday, April 5, 2019

Do I not speak clearly?

Humana, again, well it turns out my angel had gotten the grant for the co-pay of my asthma medication, yay!
But since I fall into the Medicare donut hole that means I have not met this year's deductible of $415 yet the co-pay for that medication will be...$498.04, initially I was told $450, why the discrepancy? And that amount will be towards and surpass that difference, and create smaller co-pays for other medications, I think, well for my asthma medication anyway, it will then go down from the $498.04 for a three month supply, to around fifty for a three months supply, and they want me to pay up front and then get reimbursed from my angel, Patient Access Network, PAN: https://www.panfoundation.org/index.php/en/  I said okay on my charge, PAN reimburses quickly.

The eventual $50 dollar plus co-pays I have been paying myself, but with my tooth surgery next week, it comes in @ $649 and I have no dental insurance so out of pocket for that, also not an unnecessary need, chose not to go the Care Credit route for this amount! My rotted top back tooth with a big hole that the dentist had to get approval from internist to do the surgery, all I have to do is to stop taking my aspirin for five nights, and the surgery has been scheduled already since this new doctor takes care of things right away!

Back to Humana: And yes, this I do understand the yearly beginning upcharge, but apparently most of my medications fall under tear one not tear 3 or 4 that would be split per item and less clumped in one large lump sum co-pay, get it?

Fortunately, today I had just called PAN to check to see if they received their new grant and I was told that I should look for it in my email, and you know what?
Nearly as soon as I had gotten off the phone it was there for me in an email telling me I was renewed with their new grant!

Helped a little with the tedium of dealing with Humana, they emailed me two, a minute apart with identical emails about needing my approval to send my medication that I had just ordered and spoke with a person who also got approval to use my credit card that they have on file!

Life!
Better with it than without it!
BIG SMILE INSERTED HERE!

Happy good night all!

Count your blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!


Speaking My Mind: Little bit artsy! And a little bit rock'n'roll!

Speaking My Mind: Little bit artsy! And a little bit rock'n'roll! : What we have below is my ability to make lemons into lemonade, a...