Thursday, December 11, 2014

"Watch out for emergencies. They are your big chance." ?



The title one is mine; and a bit ominous, true?
Now why would anyone take advantage of an emergency as this fortune cookie is indicating or am I misinterpreting it?
I can understand someone with a hero complex doing that but not me; mine would be a heroine complex, bud dump bum. Kidding or am I?


Hubby’s on the other hand I said to him that I had wished it was mine, “You have the exceptional ability to understand the fancies of marketable ideas.”

Self explanatory in my mind, what you come up with in the idea department is that it is marketable! A reasoning proven simple in my book and most likely widely acceptable in everyone else’s mind that it is plausible. I used to have that ability, where has it gone… I truly think it may be hibernating? One can only hope, can’t one?

Oh well, we get what we get.
Life is not unlike a fortune cookie in some ways, hmm?

NO! or YES!

Fate is in our hands?

Or is it?

Many believe that it is.

And many do not.

Who are you?

In some faiths people believe that what happens in life happens for a reason.
Even saying that to people grasping at straws when grief has hit home and envelopes them harshly, even so many who are in extreme sadness do not find that at all healing and some even believe it as an unrealistic way to look at the end result of a horrendous end to a life.
Would you want to hear from the grave, if it were possible, that you died for a reason?
Perhaps, but for what reason I would want to know?

That’s just me.

Oh those fortune cookies are from yesterday when we had lunch out at the International Buffet, which is kind to seniors with an automatic 10% discount that was after the gym where I complied with my self imposed heavier weights and repetitions maintained at the higher amounts and allowing for approximately a twenty minute workout for the three days a week; my soon to be goal is a half an hour then eventually a forty-five minute one and finally for an hour or who knows beyond… but building up takes time and for that I am good for continuing barring any unforeseen circumstances interfering, right?

Back to that buffet, it was a good trial for me maneuvering in there with my walker with using the seat for the plate. The best part is they do have a salad bar with fresh veggies and several choices of dressings the one I chose was a tomato based French.
I had a half a cup of egg drop soup, and my entrĂ©e was different shrimps, coconut, and some other type, also a side of green beans and veggie fried rice. Dessert was a big deal I never order it when we go out, okay sometimes when it’s included but Hubby and I have been known to share. This time I took one almond cookie, one macaroon, a spoonful of banana pudding with bananas included and a little bit of Tapioca. We did not see their old soft serve ice cream machine and I asked about it?
The server said it was no longer used but they had hard self serve ice cream on the other side, and so we both took some of that, me a teaspoon full of chocolate mint chip and a wee bit of sugar free butter pecan another teaspoon of that, really!
They also have sushi as well as pizza etc, and all of this came to less than seven and half bucks a piece including tax! Hubby also took things but I did not pay that much attention to what he chose, because he seems to forget veggies and he knows that annoys me, although I do recall him taking fruit, which was great in my book!
He seems to live on meat and potatoes, scary!
But only when out, at home he has more balanced meals.

So far we have evaded the flu that seems to be prevalent in our state; we did have our flu shots but most recently on the news they announced that these shots were not protection against all the new hybrid strains out there and therefore we very well might not be protected, ugh!

Oh well that was on the news a few weeks ago and as you can tell by reading this regularly that it has not dented or deterred our ability to continue our wunderlusting around on our expansion of rounds; nearly seventy miles strong these days… and so on that note of do what you can when you can, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages with you know who and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: What did I do?

Speaking My Mind: What did I do? : What is it? I call it premature mitigation! Ha! But it is my way of protecting our family photos and albu...