Saturday, December 13, 2014

CHILL!



It’s in the air and in me whenever I put my mind to it…sorry about last night’s offering, but we have all been warned about days like those… hmm?

Any-who, today I did take a chill pill metaphorically and relaxed after determining that there was nothing that needed my immediate attention, the hamper did not have enough clothing to warrant a load and so that was one less thing to do.

I did dust our bedroom and gave the rest of the house the once over.

Hubby had chosen all outdoor projects for today, the dock pilings and the lawn to be mowed so I was ready to be the chuck wagon gal and so that is what I did, meals that is, for any of you who may have not understood my broad strokes of around the bush explanations…ha.

In between making soup which I somehow always enjoy doing with today’s being a homemade Manhattan clam and shrimp chowder, I continued to read only my second of my library books the most recent I believe of Sue Grafton’s W is for Wasted that I made more than a dent in, actually I am more than halfway through with it!
Not exactly my old momentum but everything takes time.

These new peepers, eyes, are working pretty darn well!
But that is the reason for my slower speed I seem to try to run at a full pace and that tires me out so I find myself taking breaks; more than I really want to.
Although, my old joy of reading has definitely returned. You all know the feeling, not really wanting to put the book down and in your head saying just one more chapter…!

Velocity, veracity is voracious.

Who else could say that with a straight face and mean every word!

I recall as a child, as a reader I was a late bloomer, except for comic books that began while I was still in my single digits, as in six or seven or eight even nine years old, Archie was one of my favorites and the Sunday funnies too. I recall later on enjoying Ogden Nash from my Garden of Verse collection, as well as the plays of Helen Keller and Diary of Anne Frank oh and the Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, and Anne of Green Gables and on and on and on… then an odd turn into many Edgar Allan Poe’s stories and so many others… as a young adult reading Robin Cook, Michael Creighton, and so much Steven King, he could never write fast enough for me!
Agatha Christie, Erle Stanley Gardner, Arthur Conan Doyle and such, and of course many newer authors since then…my tastes run eclectic to say the least, so my love of reading was such that I would read entire series of each author.

To write I recall being told that you must read and so that is what I did and do, once more and forever, I certainly hope so anyway.
Living life also aids and abets the writer and so I have made an effort to do that as well, and as well as I can at this time in our lives…

A promise to one or to others is unwise in many cases;
I have found that if not spoken aloud it works best.

So on that note of no decisive decisions for now except in my head, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know who and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: What did I do?

Speaking My Mind: What did I do? : What is it? I call it premature mitigation! Ha! But it is my way of protecting our family photos and albu...